Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Mail art #1 IT ARRIVED!!!!!!


I finished my first mail art cross stitch envelope. I used the pattern from Sherperds Bush in the JC ornament 2008 issue called "starry night". The fabric is 30 count WDW linen ~Morris Blue and I used DMC threads. The button is one I made out of fimo more can be read in this blog entry.

This is the first time to try this and I am not sure if the Greek post will be able to send this, so I will update this entry with my post office experience on Monday. Keep fingers crossed.

OK, I managed to post it. had some trouble explaining that it had to have the stamp on it and that it was ok for them to 'dirty' the envelope. Lets hope it arrives, I will put more pictures of it hopefully when the person( secret) I sent it to has received it and takes a picture...



I am so happy you can post mail art from Greece!!!

Can you tell I am happy?

Thank you Carol for the pictures!
Michelle

12 comments:

Ranae said...

great job on the mailart, it's awesome.

Theresa said...

This is so cute!!! I wondered about the post office the first time I see an mail art. I hope you will be able to send it. That will be really cool!!

Daffycat said...

Great work! I love the design and your finishing is wonderful. I know there are clear plastic envelopes to send stuff like this in, but I'm not sure the sizes they come in.

Anonymous said...

Nice work!! I like it!

Maria del Valle

Unknown said...

Really lovely.

Dawn B. said...

Nice MA and congrats on your first one being a success.

Theresa said...

Wow!!!!!
Congratulations on this successful mail art!!!
I can imagine you trying to explain at the post office..... I guess it is kind of hard to believe someone would want to 'dirty' up a beautiful piece of work~ ;-)

Agnė said...

Wonderful envelope :) Waiting for the adventures of it :D

stitchersanon said...

Your mail art is beautiful! I bt you didnt want to part with it did you?

Sari (saristitching) said...

Congratulations for a first mailart. It is very beautiful!

Anonymous said...

How do you attach the stamps to the fabric? They don't fall off? I'd love to give this a try.

temari by the sea said...

Hi They are the ordinary stamps and are stuck as if on a normal envelopes. However I take a plastic cover and ask the post office to add that after it is stamped and the put the ink stamp on it to make it official. hope this makes sense
Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...